Nuance® Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 - 1 licensed retail boxed copy
PLUS one Nuance® PowerMic II handheld, programmable, USB-attached microphone.
Scroll for more info or click to jump to:
- Product Summary/License Info
- Product Features - both products
- Two Main Versions - is this the right one for you?
- How many licensed software copies do we need?
- System Requirements - both products
Who can purchase? The Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 software product is available for purchase by individuals OR organizations with 24 or fewer physicians, etc. See more info below.
There are no restrictions on the purchase of the PowerMic II microphone so, if you are not eligible for this software bundle, you can purchase the PowerMic II separately.
How many users can use this product? This software product is licensed for one (1) user per licensed copy of the software.
How many PCs can this product be loaded on? This product can be loaded on up to four PCs for the licensed user.
How many user licenses do you need? One product per dictating user. See more below about licensing.
Bulk Discount? The manufacturer allows us to provide 5% and 10% discounts on Five-User and Ten-User packs, respectively. These discounts will apply automatically as you add qty=5+ or qty=10+ of this product to your cart. We would be also be glad to provide you a custom quote.
How delivered? This product is a physically delivered, boxed product.
What's in the box? Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 Software on DVD, head-worn microphone, documentation
PLUS Nuance®PowerMic II microphone with 9' cable, wall-mount cradle, documentation.
Microphone? This product includes a head-worn microphone PLUS a Nuance PowerMic II. Other microphones are also available.
Microphone Applications? Speech Recognition, Dictation.
Microphone Connectivity/Form Factor? Two microphones - Headworn mic (USB, Headworn, Monaural-one earphone) and PowerMic II (USB, 9' cable, Handheld)
Operating System? Microsoft Windows.
Return Policy? This product contains software and a technology hardware product. See our Return Policy.
Warranty: Manufacturer's warranty applies. Microphone warranty is ninety (90) days. Manufacturer's maintenance. can be purchased for this product to provide continuous warranty/tech support for each one-year term.
Questions? Have questions or want a custom quote (with accessories, services, etc.)? Contact Us. Also visit our Dictation Support page for more product info.
Nuance® Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 enables medical professionals to complete their patient notes quickly and at a fraction of the cost of manual transcription, allowing savings of thousands of dollars per year per physician. With Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2, you can:
- Reduce or eliminate manual transcription!
- Dictate into Windows® apps including your Electronic Medical Record (EMR/EHR), word processor and email.
- Select your medical specialty from over 90 pre¬configured medical specialty vocabularies.
- Quickly create simple commands to enter blocks of text such as normal exam results or patient education statements. Commands can also be used to automate complex, multi-step tasks.
- Use your iPhone® or Android® phone as a microphone. Also, use digital recorders and/or specialty microphones such as the programmable wireless handheld SpeechMike Air, the programmable handheld PowerMic II or PowerMic III, Bluetooth/wireless mics, etc. A basic noise-canceling USB headset microphone is included.
- Use Dragon’s Roaming User feature for easy user movement between PCs & for central back-up.
- Experience increased accuracy for accented speakers with regional accented English acoustic models: Indian, Spanish, British, Australian, SE Asian, Pakistani, Southern US and Inland Northern US (Great Lakes area).
- Use the Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 Enhanced Medical Formatting capabilities allow users to set how the product displays dictation of information like times, dates, units of measure, and acronyms for medical conditions and procedures.
The Nuance® PowerMic II is a robust, ergonomic, handheld, programmable, USB-attached microphone. It features:
- Simplified, ergonomic, thumb-controlled operation
- Unidirectional, noise-cancelling microphone -- perfect for speech recognition and other dictation functions.
- Integrated mouse capabilities built right into the microphone -- left/right mouse buttons and a "track-point" button to move the onscreen cursor -- so the user will not have to move between the microphone and mouse.
- 9' USB cable.
- Programmable buttons:
- The PowerMic II buttons have default programming when Dragon® is running -- to turn the Dragon® microphone off/on/press-to-talk, tab between fields, open the Dragon® dictation box, etc.
- Dragon® users can custom program the buttons to help them best perform their workflow and navigate their applications -- even program a button to perform a frequently desired user-created command.
- See compatible Dragon® versions in system requirements.
- Click here for a different model PowerMic II with an integrated barcode scanner.
- Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 - This is the product you are viewing right now!
Available for individuals OR organizations with 24 or fewer physicians (PAs, NPs, etc. are not included in this count) AND can NOT be sold to hospital, hospital clinic or practice owned/operated by hospital.
Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 is the current Dragon® Medical product.
- Dragon® Medical 360 | Network Edition (formerly Dragon® Medical Enterprise Network Edition)
Only available for organizations with 25+ physicians (PAs, NPs, RNs, etc. not counted) and sold directly by manufacturer.
Contact us if you need assistance identifying how to contact Nuance’s direct sales organization, regarding Dragon® Medical 360 | Network Edition.
NOTE: “Dragon® Medical Small Practice” which was available in Version 9 or 10 is no longer being sold. Owners of Dragon® Medical Small Practice Version 10 may upgrade to Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 at the same cost as other Dragon® Medical owners.
The Nuance® PowerMic II comes in Two Main Versions:
- Nuance® PowerMic II - This is the product you are viewing right now!
This is the core PowerMic II microphone.
- Nuance® PowerMic II with BarCode Scanner
This is the core PowerMic II microphone PLUS a barcode scanner. Click here if you need the PowerMic II with barcode scanner.
Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 is licensed based on the number of dictating users, but can be loaded on more than one PC for the dictating user(s). The software can be loaded on a user's desktop PC, laptop, another office PC, home PC (if you allow), etc. It can even be loaded on a support person’s PC if that person only uses the software to start the transcription of and proofread dictation done by the licensed dictator. Whether the users are "simultaneous users" or not FTEs is immaterial. And, the fact that multiple dictators use the same PC is also immaterial. So, count the number of dictating users to determine the count of Dragon® Medical licensed users needed! (The product EULA, End User License Agreement, is linked at the bottom of this write-up.)
NOTE: The install process checks that your PC meets for minimum requirements. If your PC does not meet these minimums, the software will not install.
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor Faster processors will yield faster performance!
Added Processor-Related Requirement: SSE2 Instruction set support. SSE2 is supported by almost all processors sold since 2006 and many before. To check an older processor, visit http://cpuid.com/cpuz.php for freeware utility that detects a PC’s processor SSE support.
- RAM/Memory: Minimum recommended is 4 GB for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 2008 64-bit/2012 and 2GB for Windows Vista or XP.
Examine your work to determine the memory requirements of all programs you need to run simultaneously.
- Processor Cache: 2 MB+
- Free Hard Disk Space: 5 GB+/-
Space needed can be reduced if don’t load all medical vocabularies.
Space needed can increase based on number of users and number of vocabularies per user.
- Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 10 - supported with the Version 2.3 update. Allow the update to install, if prompted.
Microsoft Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit. Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit.
Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit. Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008, SP1, SP2, and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit. Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 64 bit SP2 only
- USB 2.0/3.0 port to plug in the microphone that is included in the box.
- This version includes added Support for Server-side Citrix deployment Contact us for detail/requirements, if interested.
- Audio System: If you choose an alternative microphone, you might need alternative connectivity (BlueTooth, etc.)
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8+ is required to support online help (free download available at www.Microsoft.com)
- A DVD-ROM drive is required for installation of software
If you don't have a DVD-ROM on a needed PC, copy the install files to an accessible network drive or USB drive. Let us know if you need help.
- Speakers are required for hearing tutorial, playback of recorded speech and text to speech features
- A web connection is required for activation
- Attaching a recorder (purchased separately) may require a port (USB, serial, etc. depending on the model.) Contact us.
Certified Microphone included:
A Nuance-approved, noise-canceling USB headset microphone is included with each full copy of Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 but a user may desire different style/connectivity microphones or extra microphones for use with additional PCs. An UPGRADE does not include a microphone, because dictator has a microphone from their original purchase. Check here for microphone options.
System Requirements/Technical Specifications for Nuance® PowerMic II
- Dragon® versions required for full features and button programmability:
Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 (current version) and these earlier Dragon® Medical versions: Dragon® Medical Practice Edition or Dragon® Medical 9.5/10/10.1
or Dragon® Professional/Legal GROUP Version 14+
or Dragon® Professional/Legal Individual Version 15+.
Without Dragon®, the PowerMic II will perform as a USB microphone with mouse.
- Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 10 - supported with versions of Dragon® that support Windows 10. Allow pending updates to install, if prompted.
Microsoft Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit.
Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit.
Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit.
Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008, SP1, SP2, and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit. Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 64 bit SP2 only
- USB Versions:
USB Specification Rev. 1.1
USB HID Class 1.1
USB Audio Class 1.0
USB Class Specification for DFU 1.0
USB HID Point of Sale 1.02
- Frequency Response:
- Microphone: 20-16,000 Hz
- Speaker: 500-5,000 Hz
- Power Consumption:
Current: 150mA +/- 10%
Power: 0.75VA +/- 10%
- CPU Minimum: Pentium® III