Nuance® Dragon® Medical One is a secure, portable, accurate, cloud-based medical dictation application available on a subscription basis and is licensed per-user.
THE NUANCE DIFFERENCE - Nuance combines a conversational AI platform with more than 200 partnerships and deep domain expertise to deliver higher performance, measurable outcomes, and a competitive edge for healthcare organizations.
With more than 1,000 large healthcare organizations using Dragon Medical One every day, our clients benefit from features and capabilities that competing products don't offer—greater accuracy and automatic updates, greater ease of installation, true cloud deployment with no hidden costs or additional hardware needed, built-in productivity tools and access beyond the EHR, a more robust mobile microphone app, HITRUST CSF certification and uptime guarantees, and high user satisfaction and quantifiable outcomes.
Ready to order? Want to jump directly to pricing info?
CLICK HERE to jump down this page to the pricing/FAQ section for pricing or to order now.
Also, at any time, contact us with questions!
Or, Keep reading for more about Dragon® Medical One
Dragon® Medical One includes a small-footprint, cloud-based client application that is loaded on as many PCs as the user would like. The user dictates into the locally-loaded desktop app that sends audio to the cloud for processing and returns text. (See Dragon® Medical One user interface at left.)
The user's voice profile is available seamlessly once the user has signed in to the cloud platform with their Nuance Healthcare ID. See product desktop application image at left.
If you currently use this product at your affiliated hospitals but do not have rights to use the product outside the hospital, you can purchase your own entity license and can continue to use your Nuance voice profile created at the hospital. Your personal Nuance Healthcare ID is the key.
This product allows the creation of custom vocabularies, auto-text "commands" with defaults, select-and-say voice editing, navigation commands and more.
Users can use physical microphones such as the PowerMic III or the no-charge Nuance PowerMic Mobile smartphone application that lets your smartphone be your microphone.
Why Dragon® Medical One?
Cloud-based single voice profile
Dragon® Medical One user profiles are stored in the cloud and are always there, backed up, ready-to-go, etc. with no user/IT work required. Dragon® Medical One users can go to any machine with the very-small, easy to install Dragon® Medical One client software, log in, place their cursor and immediately begin dictating with their voice profile.
Dragon® Medical One users can utilize their smartphone as an input device by using the PowerMic Mobile app on your smartphone. The PowerMic Mobile app includes the ability to program on-screen "buttons" to start/stop the microphone, advance between [fields] and more. There is no added charge for use of the PowerMic Mobile app.
Users can also make use of a variety of physical microphones including the popular, programmable handheld Nuance PowerMic III.
Automatic updates and ever-improving accuracy
Updates are issued more frequently as Nuance development teams utilize modern development methods to incorporate field feedback and important integration requests into updates that can be pushed automatically or set for a planned install, depending on whether you have customized your installation to integrate with virtual desktops or some other advanced environment.
Dragon® Medical One speech recognition is always improving as Deep Learning AI techniques continuously learn from the 300 million minutes of cloud-based audio and 3 billion lines of medical transcription processed annually.
IT staff and users with contract/no IT support will enjoy the simplified environment of cloud-based Dragon® Medical One. The small locally-installed client can be installed quickly and then the user can just sign in, place the cursor and starting dictating.
No more worrying about the location/synchronization/saving of user profiles as profiles are saved in the cloud and are available anywhere.
Automatic updates (mentioned above) can reduce the workload of IT. Even if IT has chosen to not allow automatic updates (because of your site's specific configuration), planned installations can take place quickly and may be deployed in a variety of quick-to-roll-out methods.
Security and reliability
Compliance with healthcare privacy, data security and other laws/standards is a top Dragon® Medical One priority. Your dictated audio and transcribed text are communicated over 256-bit encryption channels using TLS protocols to ensure end-to-end security.
Nuance knows medical dictation is a mission-critical application for healthcare providers so it has built Dragon® Medical One with enterprise-class performance and responsiveness.
Dragon Medical One Analytics
Dragon® Medical Analytics gives system administrators access to individual and site-wide usage metrics and trends so they can optimize clinician efficiency, productivity and workflow.
Dragon® Medical One is a subscription product that can be purchased in one of two budget-friendly options. Users can either pay their subscription monthly or pre-pay the entire contract term -- whichever works best for your budget. Prices are standardized by the manufacturer and the subscription fee is billed on our behalf directly by the manufacturer's billing agent.
Dragon® Medical One Cost?
There are two elements to Dragon® Medical One new-user pricing: an ongoing subscription cost PLUS a one-time, upfront new-user training/installation cost. Details on each are below.
- Dragon® Medical One Subscription cost?
- Cost is $99 per user per month with a 1-year contract.
- Choose your preferred payment timing to best align with your budget:
- Monthly Payments - $99 per user per month
- Annual Lump Sum Payment - Pay for one year term with a single lump sum payment.
This option is being provided as a convenience for customers. Common reasons for use:
- Users whose organizations prohibit them setting up any recurring charges.
- Users desiring the outlay occur in a particular financial period.
- Dragon® Medical One One-Time Upfront Cost?
To ensure users have no issues, the manufacturer also requires setup/training for each new user. The manufacturer requires a $525 up-front installation/training session for each new user.
(Perhaps more, for complicated installs such as remote desktop via Citrix. We’ll find out more about your configurations & let you know.)
Frequently asked questions
- What is the cost to start a Dragon® Medical One contract? What is a typical first-time user cost scenario?
We are frequently asked what it takes to start a new Dragon® Medical One contract.
Here is an example new, one-year contract for one user:
- Pay the upfront, one-time cost of initial installation/training: $525
- Select a one-year contract and plan to pay monthly: $99 for the first month
- Total initial investment: $624 initial cost
- Ongoing, the user will pay $99/ month for the remaining 11 months.
- What about product “maintenance”?
- Maintenance for this product is included in the monthly fee.
- Maintenance includes technical support + no-charge upgrades to any new version released.
- Who can buy?
- Available to sites with 49 and fewer physicians. (This number does not include mid-levels such as Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists, etc. – only physicians.)
- If your site has 50+ physicians, please contact us and we will get the appropriate Nuance representative to contact you.
- Must be purchased by an entity so interested individuals will want to identify their purchasing entity.
- How Licensed and How many PCs?
- Licensed to be used by one dictator.
- Can be loaded on unlimited PCs (may require more installation services if complex environment)
- Is internet connection required while dictating?
- This product requires access to the internet for all usage – all audio is passed to the internet for processing and returned as text.
- What microphone do I use? Can I use an app on my SmartPhone as an input device?
- No physical microphone comes with this product.
- Yes, you can use your SmartPhone as an input device. The Nuance smartphone microphone app is called PowerMic Mobile and your subscription to Dragon® Medical One includes access/usage of the PowerMic Mobile app at no additional charge.
- Dragon® Medical One can also be used with physical microphones and there are many microphone options including handheld programmable microphones such as the popular, programmable handheld Nuance PowerMic III. Sometimes it makes sense to use a physical microphone.
- PC/System Compatibility and Data Transmission/Security?
- Dragon® Medical One requires a small-footprint application be loaded on your Microsoft Windows-based PC.
- Audio is delivered via your internet connection using secure, HIPAA-compliant methods and speech recognition is performed in the "cloud" on a secure Nuance server.
- Dragon® Medical One user profile
- If you use the enterprise version of the Dragon® Medical cloud product at your hospital, Dragon® Medical One can also use the same user profile.
Ready to order?
Click this link: https://www.dictation.cloud/?var=img or the "Buy Dragon® Medical One now" button.
- This "Buy Dragon® Medical One now" button will take you to the dictation.cloud ordering site operated by the manufacturer's billing agent.
- You will be able to return to our website by clicking the "Return to Image Management, LLC" button at the top of each screen.
Please return to order any microphones such as the PowerMic III.
- We recommend you create your account on the dictation.cloud site prior to signing up for Dragon® Medical One.