Image Management, LLC Return Policy & How to Request a Return Authorization
We want you to be happy with the products you purchase from us. Please read through our entire return policy to ensure that we meet your expectations and that you understand the requirements/issues related to returning a product.
Continue to read information about our return policies and/or scroll down or click here to request a return authorization.
Our general return period is 30 days for never-installed, undamaged, intact products ordered from our web site, subject to the conditions on this page.
A preapproved Return Authorization is required. Items returned without a preapproved return authorization will not be acknowledged/accepted/returned. If an unapproved returned product is somehow delivered by a shipper without our being able to refuse it, we will not acknowledge/return the product.
Before you buy:
- If you are not sure of the product, please ask for selection assistance.
- If your organization needs more than one of a product and you have no experience with the product, conduct your own test by buying only one and testing it thoroughly before you buy your multiples. A return policy is not meant to be a try and buy and return policy. Pilot/test programs should be conducted with products purchased and kept.
Know that some products can not be returned and know that the condition of the product may affect its return-ability:
- Some technology products such as software, books and video products can never be returned once open, as their intellectual content can be viewed/read/copied/etc.
- Many physical products cannot be returned:
- Some physical products such as patient slings cannot be returned once open, for hygiene reasons.
- Some physical products such as platform/stair/ceiling lifts cannot be returned, because they are special-order or have been altered to work for the user or required physical installation, etc.
- If you have already received services (such as training, installation), the services cannot be "returned".
- Please talk to us about whether the physical product and/or services you are interested in can be returned.
- Registered products cannot be returned.
- Products without the original manufacturer's packaging, all parts, documentation including warranty cards, manuals, license documentation cannot be returned -- either at all or without possible charges. Read about possible restocking fees below.
- Products that are damaged are not returned to us -- they are handled under a warranty or service arrangement.
- If the product damage was NOT caused by the user, then the product will receive warranty service. Depending on the manufacturer's policy, we will either work the warranty process for you or let you know how to obtain warranty service.
- If the product damage WAS caused by the user, we can let you know how to obtain fee-based service for the product.
- Products that are dirty or damaged or otherwise not in new condition cannot be returned -- either at all or without possible charges. Read about possible restocking fees below.
This includes products kept in a smokey environment as the smoke damage/smell would keep the product from being resell-able.
- Special order or custom-altered products cannot be returned.
- Clearance items such as "prior version" products, open-box products, demonstration products, etc. cannot be returned. They are guaranteed to work but are sold as-is and at-a-loss, so they cannot be returned.
NOTE: Some of the reasons a product cannot be returned are product-specific.
BUT, most of the issues that cause a normally-returnable product to be non-returnable are totally within the control of the purchaser/owner.
So, if you are not 100% sure that you will want to keep the product, keep your options open by exercising great care in opening your product box, carefully keeping all components (box, other packaging, accessories, documentation, license cards, warranty cards, etc.) together and in mint condition, not registering the product, not using parts of the product that are more subject to wear and tear (like the leather case for a recorder), etc. Also mark your calendar for the end of the return period so you'll make the return time-frame if you need/want to.
- Technical Issue?
If your issue is a technical/usage one, please allow us to help you identify and solve the issue. Sometimes people return products that work fine because of some installation/usage/etc. issue that we can help you resolve. There is a chance that the new user might also need training services.
- Warranty Issue?
Unless your product was labeled as a used product, you have purchased a new product under manufacturer's warranty. Manufacturers vary in their policies and handling of warranty repairs. If you have a problem that is subject to the manufacturer's warranty, depending on the manufacturer's policy, we will either work the warranty process for you or let you know how to obtain warranty service. Please visit our warranty info page for more information!
Restocking Fees? Timing/Amount of Credit?
We do not have a standard restocking fee but we do retain part of the credit in the following situations:
- We do not return the original shipping fees and we do not pay for the return shipping fee.
Exception: if the return is because of a manufacturer defect in your shipped product or we made an error in shipping, we will cover the shipping in both directions.
- If you paid by credit card, we will retain 6% of the gross amount of your charge to defray the credit card charges that we already paid when you made your purchase and to offset the equivalent credit card charges that we will pay when we issue the credit.
If you paid by check, we will not retain any amount but we will wait until the original check has had time to clear before sending you a return check.
- If you return a product that is damaged or missing a component, consider the possible charges.
(NOTE, as discussed above, you will know the condition of the product you are returning, so bring up any missing/damaged item at time of RMA request so you'll know whether there will be any needed replacement components or service or other charges that will reduce your credit and possibly affect your decision to send it back as-is.)
- If the missing component can be replaced through the purchase of an accessory, we will deduct the cost of the replacement part/accessory.
- If the missing component cannot be replaced because there is no replacement part/accessory, the value is severely diminished. Let us know what is missing before you attempt a return so we can discuss. Even missing something like the box is important as a box cannot be replaced and, without it, the product is no longer an "open-box" but is a box-less, used collection of components.
- If you return a product that is damaged and needs non-warranty service, we will have the product serviced by the manufacturer or their authorized service provider and deduct the cost of the service.
Requesting a Return Authorization
1. Contact us within 30 days of purchase to let us know of your issue and desire to return the product using one of the contact methods -- preferably the web contact form -- on our contact us page.
As mentioned, a preapproved Return Authorization is required. Items returned without a preapproved return authorization will not be acknowledged/accepted/returned.
When you contact us to request a return authorization, please provide the following
A. Your name/contact info.
B. Serial number if applicable.
C. Invoice number if you have purchased more than one product recently and we might not be able to identify the product you are talking about on our own,
D. It is just fine to return a product for any or no reason but please provide the reason for your return so that we can decide if we could possibly solve an issue for you that will make the product work for you.
E. Describe any damage or nonworking/missing components so that we can let you know ahead of time any charges/credit-reduction for the damage or nonworking/missing items.
Note, there may be additional reductions to your credit if you have not described all damage or nonworking/missing components. Read the sections above for more info about improving the chance for maximum return.
2. We will contact you back with a return authorization number (and/or to either help you troubleshoot, if applicable.)
3. Ship the product back to us at your expense, using our address as shown on our contact us page.
Show the return authorization number on and in the package.
Use a tracked shipping method and also insure the product to mitigate your risk of loss should the shipment not arrive.
Make sure you return all components (product box, other packaging, accessories, documentation, license cards, warranty cards, etc.) in its original packaging in as close to like-new condition/organization as possible. Read the sections above for more info about improving the chance for maximum return.
4. We will examine the returned product and make a final determination about its condition and resell-ability and therefore the amount of your credit.
We will acknowledge receipt of your product by email and issue your credit in the same payment method you used.
(As mentioned, if you paid by check, we will wait until the original check has cleared before sending you your return check.)
Contact us with any questions or to request a return authorization!