Nuance® PowerMicIII handheld, programmable, USB-attached microphone
Scroll for more info or click to jump to:
- Product Summary/License Info
- Product Features
- System Requirements/Technical Specifications
How delivered? This product comes in a physically delivered, boxed product.
Who can purchase? No restrictions.
Applications? Speech Recognition, Dictation
Connectivity/Form Factor? USB, CHOICE of 3' straight cable OR 9' straight cable OR coiled cable, Handheld
What's in the box? PowerMic III with cable, wall-mount cradle, documentation.
Warranty? Manufacturer's warranty applies. Ninety (90) days.
Return Policy? This product is a technology hardware product. See our Return Policy.
Questions? Have questions or want a custom quote (with software, accessories, services, etc.)? Contact Us. Also visit our Dictation Support page for more product info.
The Nuance® PowerMic III is Nuance's newest, redesigned, robust, ergonomic, handheld, programmable, USB-attached microphone. It features:
- Simplified, ergonomic, thumb-controlled operation -- for dictating, navigating, reviewing and editing speech recognition generated documents.
- Unidirectional, noise-cancelling microphone -- perfect for speech recognition and other dictation functions in even the noisiest environments.
- Integrated "Track-Point" mouse capabilities built right into the microphone -- left/right mouse buttons and a "track-point" button to move the onscreen cursor -- so the user will not have to move between the microphone and mouse.
- USB connectivity for easy plug-and-play installation
- Cord Length: 9 foot or 3 foot. Customers will choose either:
- PowerMic III with 9' USB cable (Part # 0POWM3N3) - for users who like the longer cord length, to allow plugging into a CPU behind a desk, etc. (This is the same cord length as this mic's predecessor, the PowerMic II, OR
- PowerMic III with 3' USB cable (Part # 0POWM3N9) - for users who carry their PC/system and don't want/need the longer cord.
- PowerMic III with coiled USB cable (Part # 0POWM3C) - for any user that wants their cord coiled and easy to manage.
- Programmable buttons:
- The PowerMic III buttons have default programming when Dragon® is running -- to turn the Dragon® microphone off/on/press-to-talk, tab between fields, open the Dragon® dictation box, etc.
- Dragon® users can custom program the buttons to help them best perform their workflow and navigate their applications -- even program a button to perform a frequently desired user-created command.
- See compatible Dragon® versions in system requirements.
- This microphone is a NON-scanner product and does not include a barcode scanner.
- Dragon® versions required for full features and button programmability: (Without Dragon®, the PowerMic III will perform as a USB microphone with mouse.)
- Products we sell on this web site:
Nuance Dragon® Medical One (current version)
- Other Compatible products:
Please contact us for other compatible Nuance® products.
- Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 10 - supported with versions of Dragon® that support Windows 10. Allow pending updates to install, if prompted.
Microsoft Windows 8.1
Microsoft Windows 7
- USB Versions:
USB Rev. 1.1 (USB port must be able to deliver min 500mA for power consumption.)
- Frequency Response Input/Output:
Microphone: 20-16,000 Hz
Speaker: 500-5,000 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: +70db
- Power Consumption:
Current: max 500mA (max playback volume)
Power: max 2.5 VA (max playback volume)
Typical current consumption:
- Standby: 115mA
- Recording (with LED on): 130mA
- Playback at max volume: 400mA
Operating Temperature 5° to 35° C (41°F to 95°)
Storage Temperature -25 to +70° C (-13°F – 158°F)
IEC/EN/UL 60950-1: 2005 2nd edition): AM1:2009 Safety of Information Technology Equipment (ITE)
Voltage and power draw: 5 Vdc, 500 mA max
- Emissions – Class B
EN 55032:2012 – Electromagnetic Compatibility of multimedia equipment Emissions requirements
AS/NZS CISPR 32:2013 Electromagnetic Compatibility of multimedia equipment Emissions requirements
FCC Title 47 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR47) – Telecommunications part 15.107:2015 Radio Frequency Devices
ICE-003:2012 Information Technology Equipment (ITE) – Limits and methods of Measurement
EN 55024:2010 Information Technology Equipment – Immunity characteristics – Limits and methods of Measurement
- FCC warning to user
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.